Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What's for Dinner?

Seriously, I think this is one of the most irritating questions! I HATE having to figure out what to cook for dinner! Hate. It!

My mom used to complain about this too and I never understood why ... until I became a mom. It doesn't matter if I am home all day or at work, either way I don't know what to make. I am not much of a cook so that doesn't help. And of course (just to show some connection to the theme of this blog) my options are a bit limited because of the boys' food allergies. But really, that is a weak excuse. Even if they didn't have the allergies, I would dread this part of the day.

Seriously (to quote Grey's), I rejoice and feel such sweet relief when I know I don't have to worry about what to make for dinner. I am in such awe (and also a little bit of disgust) at the people who can plan their menus for the whole week.

And if you notice when I write my blog posts, it is often the time I should be cooking dinner. I am such a procrastinator. Bad, bad mommy. June Cleaver I am NOT!!!

Okay, I really have to go and find something for my poor family to eat. More to come on what they get!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it exactly that you "can't" plan you menu for the whole week?

Anonymous said...

let's try that again... Why is it exactly that you "can't" plan your menu for the whole week?

Anne D said...

Well, I could, I guess. I just don't have the patience to sit down and write it all out.

Once I tried to do it and I went overboard and made a new recipe every night and it required this huge shopping trip and I had a ton of leftovers. So I got burnt out and gave up.

Any advice??